1. These Prefabricated Origami Kiosks were really awesome. I’ve always been really fascinated with origami since I was little. I love how a 2D sheet of paper can turn into a 3D object just by a couple of folds … it’s kind of magical in a way. It made me really happy to see origami be used in a real world situation like this kiosk.
2. The Load Carrier for Labour is a creative solution to improve the working conditions of workers around the world. This design won awards from Core77. The load carrier prevents hazardous conditions by taking ergonomic and product design into consideration. I really like this design because it is trying to improve the quality of life of millions of people.
3. The Synthetic Nature art piece is a creative piece of work done by Romanian architect Vlad Tenu. I’m not exactly sure why, but I can’t stop looking at it! I’m mesmerized by it’s form, symmetry, texture, and morphing qualities.
4. The Self Made Carrying Cases really stood out to me, because it is something I’ve always wanted and needed. I do not own a tool box (the one that most design students own) because it did not fit the needs of my materials. These carrying cases would be a studio project because it would be a creative way for us to define our own needs.
5. The Responsive Hexi Wall is probably one of the coolest and most creative wall installations I’ve seen in a long time. Each hexagon is individually mounted and fitted with mechanics that determines nearby movements, creating a wave-like motion. Click on the link above to view a video of the wall in motion!